iColumn – The first intelligent ion chromatography column generation in the world – insert and start
- all column data is immediately available
- active monitoring of all important column functions
- complete traceability of all column parameters
Intelligent columns built into the Metrohm Professional IC series – the MagIC Net™ software recognizes immediately which separation column is at the IC system's disposal. One click is all that is needed to make the software recognize the column-specific standard conditions such as standard eluents and standard flow, the maximum pressure and flow rate values as well as the correct precolumn.
If the user wishes, these and further parameters are automatically incorporated into the method. This means that this data has no longer to be entered into the method. The iColumn knows how many hours it has been in operation and how many samples it has already analyzed. MagIC Net™ surveys the separation performance of the column and switches the system off if the maximum pressure should ever be exceeded. If the performance of the column drops below a predefined value, MagIC Net™ can even trigger the automatic ordering of a new column by E-Mail.
If the Metrosep separation column is used in different systems, it conveys all its information to the next IC system. This results in complete traceability and GLP surveillance for all the columns used, even on different IC instruments. This greatly facilitates system validation.
The iColumn concept is flexible and comprises data
- that can be freely defined, for example
- column name
- a field for remarks where, for example, the application's name can be entered
- that is permanently linked to the column, for example
- column type (e.g. Metrosep A Supp 10 – 100), order number, serial number
- standard flow rate, standard eluent, standard injection volume, standard temperature
length x ID, particle size
- pH range
- maximum pressure, maximum flow rate
- that is entered by the Professional IC system and the MagIC Net™ software, for example
- operating hours, number of injections
Apart from the Metrosep Dual 2 (6.1006.000), all Metrosep separation columns are available as iColumns.
Get an overview: Which column for which application?