You are here: Metrohm USA >> Products >> Airclean Benchtop Fume Hoods
AirClean Systems ductless fume enclosure is designed to minimize potential user exposure to harmful chemical fumes and vapors associated with titrator use—without taking up valuable fume hood space.
The ductless fume enclosure features a revolutionary gas-phased bonded carbon filter and the unique AirSafe™ control of linear flow, which eliminates the need for a separate HVAC system. AirSafe is a variable-flow mechanism that ensures a minimum face velocity—even when the access ports are open—for the utmost in safety and for optimized airflow through the filter.
AirClean Systems fume enclosures meet and/or exceed all relevant ANSI Z9.5 and OSHA standards for laboratory enclosures. They are also designed to provide user protection from chemical fumes and vapors in accordance with published TLVs and TEL values set by the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH).
- No HVAC or ducting required
- AirSafe automatic safety controller constantly monitors airflow and filter condition
- Quiet operation, < 53 dB
- Bonded carbon filter is easily replaced—no dust!
- Space-saving and lightweight design
- Constructed of polypropylene and polycarbonate for sturdy, safe and user-friendly operation
- Integrated base with deep spill lip to contain spills
- Easy access ports for power cables and tubing
- Removable front sash for easy setup and maintenance
- Safely encloses titrators, reaction vessel, and waste containers
- UL-, CSA- and CE-certified
Breathe easier with the AirSafe automatic controller.
The ductless fume enclosure features a state-of-the-art microprocessor controller and monitoring system that provides you with real-time monitoring of the filter, airflow and gas detection. Critical to any ductless safety product, the monitoring system alerts you if the filter fails or needs replacement or if there is insufficient airflow.
Microprocessor control features
- Automatic and manual settings
- Programmable airflow alarm—audible and visible alarm warns of insufficient airflow
- Gas detection/filter monitor—sounds a warning prior to filter breakthrough
For your added safety the ductless enclosure also features a gas sensor with a programmable alarm that sounds prior to gas and particulates passing through the bonded carbon filter mechanism.
|Approved chemical list
- Acetic acid
- Ethyl acetate
- Isopropyl alcohol
- Methylene chloride
- Karl Fischer reagents
Unique bonded carbon filters.
AirClean Systems gas-phased, multilayered bonded carbon filters are specially designed for use with AirClean ductless enclosures. Their special bonding matrix minimizes the carbon dust that is generally associated with traditional carbon filters, and they use activated coconut shell carbon that is chemically impregnated for increased surface area and better absorption.
Carbon filter features
- Coconut shell carbon creates a larger surface area for better absorption—absorbs up to 50% of its own weight compared to weight of toxic vapor being contained
- Proprietary bonding process minimizes dust associated with traditional granular carbon filters
- Available as chemically impregnated carbon for increased load capacity